QUINOA VEGETABLE STIR-FRY (Vegan)
Serves 2 - 3
3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon oil or coconut oil 1 small onion chopped 1 cup asparagus 1 cup broccoli 1 medium red bell pepper 1 cup green beans 2 tomatoes chopped 2 teaspoons grated ginger 1 clove garlic, sliced 1 small red chillI, finely chopped 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 2 green onions chopped 1/2 cup cilantro
1. Place quinoa in a small saucepan with 3/4 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
2. Cover and cook, undisturbed, until quinoa absorbs water, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and leave uncovered.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet/pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until it softens, about 1 minute.
4. Add baby corn, broccoli, bell pepper, green beans, ginger, garlic and chilli, if desired and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes, add tomato and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
5. Add quinoa and cook stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Add cilantro and cook for a further minute.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you have made the recipe and like it, then please do share the recipe link on facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookwithimtiaz or Tag #cookwithimtiaz