for the PECAN NUTS
1 heaping cup raw pecan nuts 2 tsp olive or coconut oil 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar 2 tsp maple syrup (or agave nectar) 1 pinch salt 1 pinch ground cinnamon 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
for the SALAD
1 6-ounce bag mixed greens (organic when possible) 2 ripe Bosc or Bartlett Pears (thinly sliced lengthwise (stem and seeds removed) 1/4 cup sultanas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and add raw Pecan nuts to a parchment-lined baking tray.
2. Once the oven is preheated, toast Pecan nuts for 7 minutes. Then remove from oven and add remaining ingredients directly to the Pecan nuts (oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, sea salt, cinnamon, and (cayenne - optional). Use a spatula to thoroughly toss/combine.
3. Place back in oven and roast for another 4-6 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
4. In the meantime, prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine, taste and adjust, and set aside.
5. Add greens, sliced pear, sultanas, and the roasted Pecan nuts to a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine.
Serve fresh with a bread of your choice
TRIED THIS RECIPE?