1 LB white mushrooms sliced 2 tbsp oil 1 large onion finely chopped 2 tsp ginger grated 2 tsp garlic grated 2 fresh ripe tomatoes pureed ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tsp garam masala 1 tsp salt ⅓ cup cashews nuts 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves Cilantro leaves chopped for garnish
1. Soak cashews in ½ cup warm water for 10 mins and set aside.
2. Drain all the water and blend the cashews with ¼ cup of water to make smooth paste and reserve.
3. Add oil and heat. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes with the lid on, stirring a few times. Add ginger and garlic paste, cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add tomato puree, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala salt, and mushrooms. Mix well and cook for 4-5 mins on medium heat with the lid on.
5. Stir in dried fenugreek leaves, cashew paste, chopped cilantro and mix well.
Serve with steamed rice and parathas.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?