Ideal as an appetiser or a quick weeknight meal, tandoori chicken gets its fantastic flavours from the aromatic yogurt marinade. Even better, the marinade does the work for you - leave your chicken to tenderize overnight, and then roast or grill in minutes. The simple zesty green chilli sauce goes
beautifully with the chicken, and takes the dish to the next level.
2 chicken breasts 40 ml greek yoghurt salt to taste 1/2 tsp cumin powder 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 1-2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder according to taste 2 tsp coriander powder 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek 1 tsp fresh ginger paste 1tsp fresh garlic paste Juice of 1 lemon 30-40 ml oil
for the GREEN CHILLI SAUCE
Small bunch cilantro 1/4 small red or white onion Salt to taste 1 fresh green chilli 1 clove garlic 2-3 tbs water
1. Add all the ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl and mix well.
2. Make slits on chicken pieces with a sharp knife. Then coat the chicken pieces with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight is even better.
3. You can either Grill the chicken until it’s cooked through (or transfer in to an oven proof dish and cook until chicken has cooked through, while basting with oil or butter a couple of times. It should take around 20 mins to cook.
4. When done add a squeeze of lemon over the chicken for that extra full flavour.
5. For green chilli sauce. Blend together a small bunch of cilantro leaves, 1 green chilli, clove of garlic, quarter of a small onion, 1/2 tsp salt or to taste and 2-3 tbsp of water - together to form a smooth pulp.
Serve with nan, rice and chilli or mint sauce.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?