Cool down from the summer heat with pretty raspberry coconut parfaits. Layered with sweet and fluffy coconut cream, these colourful summer desserts are served chilled, so you can make ahead for an easy way to finish a summer party. Using full fat coconut is essential to make the parfaits set. Dairy eaters can substitute with low-fat yogurt instead.
400ml (1 tin) Chilled full-fat coconut milk
1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1Tsp Lemon zest
2 Tbsp Maple syrup or agave nectar
1 Tsp Rose water (optional)
250g Fresh raspberries
1 Tbsp Light brown soft sugar
30g Pistachios chopped
1. In a bowl, scoop out the firm, separated coconut cream. Remove the water.
2. Beat the cream until light and fluffy. Add the lemon zest, agave or maple syrup, and rose water, brat again until combined. Chill for 10-15 mins.
3. In a separate bowl, put 150 gm raspberries with the lemon juice and the sugar. Roughly mash with the fork.
4. To assemble the parfaits, add a spoonful of mashed raspberries each to the bottom of 4 small glasses, add dollop of chilled coconut cream, a handful of whole fresh raspberries and finally another spoonful of the coconut cream.
5. Top with a few more fresh raspberries and spoon over any remaining mashed berries.
6. Chill the parfaits until needed.
Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?