A rich Mughlai Curry, which is a perfect dish to make for the weekend or for that special occasion. Paneer Shahi Korma, as royal the name sounds, this curry is also rich and royal. The base of this delicious curry is made of cashew nuts. Kewra water (Srewpine) and saffron is added in the curry to give it a hint of sweetness and aroma.
1 Inch Cinnamon
8 Black Peppercorns
3 Green cardamom
2 Black cardamom
12 Cashew Nuts
2 Onions, Fried golden Brown
For the CURRY
3 Tbsp Ghee
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Ginger paste
1 Tsp Garlic paste
1 Tsp Green Chilli Paste
1 Cup Yogurt (Whisked with 1tsp chickpea flour)
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Salt or to taste
12 Strands Saffron (Soaked in 2 tbsp water)
2-3 Drops Kewra Essence
To roast and grind to a PASTE
1. Roast all the whole spices and cashew nuts until they turn slightly browned and fragrant.
2. Add them in a blender along with fried onion and add 1/4 cup water to make a coarse paste.
For the CURRY
3. Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add panner cubes and fry until they are browned.
Remove the cubes from the pan and keep aside.
4. Add the masala paste and ginger, garlic, green chilli paste in the same pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Now add yogurt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt and 1/2 cup of water and fry for 3-4 minutes.<