Palak Raita is a simple accompaniment to almost any Indian meal. It is flavourful and light on the palette. Made using yogurt, spinach leaves and tempering of curry leaves and mustard seeds. Serve with any Indian style dish of your choice.
INGREDIENTS 2 Cups of plain natural yogurt
2 Cups spinach, finely chopped
1 Tsp cumin seeds
1/2 Tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 Tsp black salt
1/4 Tsp black pepper
1 Tsp salt to taste
1 Tsp oil
1 tsp oil
1 dry red chilli
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
2. Add chopped spinach, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes and the spinach leaves wilt. Cool the mixture.
3. Whisk the yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed spinach mixture to the yogurt.
4. Add the roasted cumin powder, black salt and pepper and mix well. Taste and adjust accordingly.
5. Tempering (this is optional). Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a small pan, once hot add mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves, let them crackle for few seconds. Pour tempering over the palak raita .
TRIED THIS RECIPE?