1.5 kg chicken breast cut into pieces 2 tbsp cumin powder 1/2 cup cooking oil 1 large onion, 4 large cloves of garlic,1-inch piece of ginger (blend together in a blender) 1 tomato, finely chopped 200g Green beans, sliced 1 tbsp garam masala 1/2 Cup whole almonds, In a blender ground together with a little water to a slightly coarse consistency; and mixed with 2 1/2 Cups of water ( may need more) 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander 400ml of coconut milk salt to taste Flaked Almonds for garnish
1 tsp cumin seeds 2 bay leaves 1 whole red chilli 1-inch cinnamon stick
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the ingredients for tempering.
2. When the seeds begin to sizzle, add the onion-ginger-garlic paste along with the cumin powder. Stir constantly until most of the moisture evaporates and the mixture is lumpy.
3. Add the chicken and stir until coated in the spices and is browned on all sides.
4. Season with salt, add coconut milk, cover and cook over low heat for 15 -20 minutes till the chicken is very nearly cooked.
5. Add the almond mixture along with the garam masala powder and green beans. Simmer 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the coriander and simmer for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and garnish with flaked almonds and serve.
Serve with with rice or roti.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?