Simple to prepare, this hearty and comforting curry is perfect for a weeknight treat! It features
chicken on the bone cooked until tender, smothered in an aromatic gravy that’s perfect for dipping.
Enjoy this curry with rice, roti’s or warm nan.
1kg Chicken, on the bone cut in to medium pieces
5 Small potatoes peeled and cut all roughly the same size
2 Onions, diced
4 Tomatoes, chopped
4 Tbsp oil
1 Tsp of Salt or to taste
1 Tsp Chilli powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Coriander powder
1 Tsp Garam masala
1.5 Tsp Garlic paste
1.5 Tsp Ginger paste
1 Fresh green chilli, chopped
1 Tbsp of dried fenugreek
2 Tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped for garnish
2 Black cardamom
2 Green cardamoms
1/2 Teaspoon peppercorns
1 Tsp cumin seeds
Small stick of cinnamon
1. Add oil to a hot pan on medium heat, then dd all the wholes spices and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
2. Add chopped onions along with some salt and fry on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until soft and pink. Now, add chicken pieces and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add ginger, garlic, fresh green chilli, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, Sauté for another 2 minutes, stir.
5. Add 3 cups of water, potatoes and garam masala powder and mix. Now, put the lid on and cook for 35-40 minutes on a medium heat.
6. Add the dried fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves and mix. Cover and let the chicken curry rest for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot with steamed rice or roti or nan.
Serve with Rice, Roti or Nan.
TRIED AND LOVED THIS RECIPE?