Makes 12 Mini Cheesecakes
Strawberry, Mango, Chocolate, Oreo, Vanilla, and Caramel CHEESECAKES
for the CRUST
3/4 cup (85 g/3 oz) digestive biscuit - pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground. 1 tbs coco powder - for the chocolate base 2 tbsp (25 g) unsalted butter, melted
for the CHEESECAKE FILLING
8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 cup (100 g/3.5 oz) granulated sugar or sweetener 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 1-2 tsp Essence of your choice (optional) example if you are making Mango cheesecake then add Mango Essence 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream Berries for the topping
1. In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter until combined and crumbs are moistened. To make a chocolate base add 1tbs of Coco powder to the ground digestives. Divide evenly between individual serving dishes (about 2 tablespoons per serving dish).
2. Press on the mixture with your fingers to form a crust layer.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, and whisk well until combined and completely smooth (if grainy, beat with an electric mixer until smooth).
4. Add in vanilla extract and the Essence of your choice. Set aside to let the sugar dissolve into the cream cheese. Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Avoid over beating. Using a spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the other half.
5. Evenly spoon (or pipe using a piping bag) about ½ cup of filling into each serving dish.
6. Top with fresh fruit or any other topping you like. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving, or up to 2-3 days.
STRAWBERRY COULIS TOPPING
1 lb strawberries thickly sliced 1/3 cup granulated sugar or sweetener 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a medium saucepan, combine sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Strawberries will release juice without any mashing required.
2. Reduce heat and simmer 20-23 min or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. The sauce will thicken up slightly as it cools and even more with refrigeration.
MANGO COULIS TOPPING
3 medium ripe mangoes 2 tsp fresh lime juice 1 tsp granulated sugar
1. Add diced mango lime and sugar In a blender or food processor purée mango with remaining ingredients until smooth.
CARAMEL SAUCE TOPPING
1 cup light brown sugar 4 tbsp unsalted butter 1 tsp sea salt or to taste 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup heavy cream 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer over low heat, whisking constantly until thickens and no longer watery (this should take around 6-9 min). The sauce will further thicken when it cools, so keep that in mind. Refrigerate to cool.
VANILLA CREAM TOPPING
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup granulated sugar or sweetener or to taste
1. Using an electric mixer, mix 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and vanilla extract in large bowl until smooth. Add granulated sugar, mixing until smooth.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped 1 cup heavy cream Grated chocolate, for decoration, optional
1. Add the chopped chocolate to a medium-sized heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-heat, heat the heavy cream just until it begins to boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and vigorously whisk until melted and completely smooth. Spoon a little chocolate ganache over the to the cheesecake, and top with grated chocolate, if you are using.
3/4 cup (ml) heavy whipping cream 1/4 cup powdered sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp oreo crumbs 12 mini oreos, for topping
1. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and oreo crumbs to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon the whipped cream on to the cheesecakes and top with a mini oreo.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?