These cute little cheesecakes are a real crowd-pleaser, and because the basic recipe is so simple, you can afford to get creative with your toppings! Try your hand at tangy strawberry, creamy caramel, or a decadent chocolate ganache. Be warned – they won’t last long!
Makes 12 Mini Cheesecakes
Strawberry, Mango, Chocolate, Oreo, Vanilla, and Caramel CHEESECAKES
for the CRUST
3/4 cup (85 g/3 oz) digestive biscuit - pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground. 1 tbs coco powder - for the chocolate base 2 tbsp (25 g) unsalted butter, melted
for the CHEESECAKE FILLING
8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 cup (100 g/3.5 oz) granulated sugar or sweetener 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 1-2 tsp Essence of your choice (optional) example if you are making Mango cheesecake then add Mango Essence 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream Berries for the topping
1. In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter until combined and crumbs are moistened. To make a chocolate base add 1tbs of Coco powder to the ground digestives. Divide evenly between individual serving dishes (about 2 tablespoons per serving dish).
2. Press on the mixture with your fingers to form a crust layer.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, and whisk well until combined and completely smooth (if grainy, beat with an electric mixer until smooth).
4. Add in vanilla extract and the Essence of your choice. Set aside to let the sugar dissolve into the cream cheese. Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Avoid over beating. Using a spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the other half.
5. Evenly spoon (or pipe using a piping bag) about ½ cup of filling into each serving dish.
6. Top with fresh fruit or any other topping you like. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving, or up to 2-3 days.
STRAWBERRY COULIS TOPPING
1 lb strawberries thickly sliced 1/3 cup granulated sugar or sweetener 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice