This vibrant curry is so simple to prepare it will quickly become a favourite! A great hearty choice
featuring tender mutton in a rich, flavourful gravy, this dish makes the ideal crowd-pleaser at dinner
parties, too. Enjoy it with any rice, roti’s or warm nan bread.
1lb Mutton 1 cup yogurt 2 -3 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder 1 tsp Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder 2 large onions sliced thinly Salt to taste Cinnamon Stick (small piece) 1 Black Cardamom 1 tsp Ginger paste 1 tsp Garlic Paste 4 tbsp oil/coconut oil 1.5 cups water fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
1. Add the yogurt, ginger, garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder in a bowl, mix well, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, add in cinnamon and black cardamom. Add in onions, salt and cook till golden brown.
3. Add the mutton and toss well in the onions till it seared.
4. Add the yogurt mixture and toss well till the colour darkens.
5. Add 1.5 cups of water and mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 30 mins, then simmer on low heat and cook for 15 mins. Add fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Serve with Rice, Roti, Nan.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?