HARYALI CHICKEN CURRY
AUTHENTIC HYDERABADI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
500 grams chicken cut into 2-inch cubes 1 onion finely chopped 2 tbsp oil 2 tbsp cream (optional) 1.5 tbsp ginger paste
1.5 tsp garlic paste 1/4 cup1 pistachio nuts 1tbsp dried fenugreek leaves salt to taste
for YOGURT BLEND
1/2 cup yogurt 1 cup packed coriander leaves 1/2 cup packed mint leaves 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 1 fresh green chilli
1. Grind pistachio nuts and set aside.
2. Place the yogurt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chilli and lemon into a blender and blend until smooth and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large pan, add the onion and saute for 3 mins, add chicken and salt and brown on medium heat for 10 mins, add the ginger and garlic paste. Saute for 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Now add the green yogurt Blend, ground pistachio nuts, and the cream, if you are using.
5. Cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat with the lid, while stirring occasionally, the curry will be ready when you see the oil separating from the curry, Add dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
Serve with roti, nan or rice.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you have made the recipe and like it, then please do share the recipe link on facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookwithimtiaz or Tag #cookwithimtiaz