This version of the iconic British classic treat is gluten-free but tastes delicious. Follow the simple
recipe for scones that are rich and buttery with a divine melt-in-the-mouth texture. Of course,
they’re best enjoyed smothered in cream and jam!
90g Almond flour 20g Coconut flour 30g Butter (Cold and Cubed) or (coconut oil) - I've used coconut oil ½ tsp Xanthan gum ¼ tsp Sugar 2 tbsp Pure cream heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (355F)
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and sugar until combined.
3. Using a fork, press the cubed butter into the flour mixture until it is well combined.
4. Add the cream and mix till combined.
5. Roll into 4 balls and roll them slightly to become cylindrical. It is easier to bind the mixture with your hands.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown on the outside.
Once cooked, allow cooling slightly before serving due to the nature of gluten-free baking they might be fragile while still hot.
Serve with Butter, Fresh or Clotted Cream and a Jam of your choice.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?