This rich and creamy comforting curry is a Northern Indian favourite and a real treat for vegetarians. Pre-cook your potatoes and you can prepare this fabulous dish in minutes. For extra decadence, add a cup of cream.
5 tbsp oil 500g roasted potatoes (oven roasted or boiled) A hand full of spinach leaves, roughly chopped 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced 1 tomato, chopped 1 medium-sized onions, chopped 2 spring onions, chopped 2 green chillies, finely chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 piece ginger, minced 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp garam masala powder 1 tsp turmeric powder 1 tsp coriander 2 cups Plain Natural yogurt 1 cup of single cream (optional) - if not using cream then add 1 more cup of yogurt. 2 tsp red chilli powder Salt according to taste 1tbsp dried fenugreek leaves for garnish
1. Take 2 cups of plain natural yogurt, 1 cup of cream (optional) if not using cream then replace with a cup of yoghurt, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and whisk it vigorously and set aside.
2. Heat oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger, garlic and spring onions and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add cooking onions for sauté for about 5 minutes or till onions turns golden brown and add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Now pour the yoghurt mixture into the pan and stir continuously until it comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium and add the peppers, simmer for 5-10 mins until the sauce has thickened.
5. Add potatoes and spinach to the sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and garnish with dried methi (fenugreek leaves).
Serve hot with roti or as a side.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?