CREAMY CHICKEN & SPINACH KOFTA
This rich and mild curry features chicken and spinach balls in a delicately spiced, coconut-
infused gravy. It’s heavenly comfort food for chilly evenings! If you’re counting the calories, simply
use reduced fat coconut milk in place of the full fat version. Enjoy this dish with rice or warm nan
for the CHICKEN KOFTA (Meatballs)
1/2 lb ground chicken 1/2 cup roasted chickpea flour 1 cup of spinach, chopped 2 tbsp plain yogurt 1 Egg, whisked 1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
for the COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
1 can coconut milk (I've used full fat but you can use any of your choice) 2 large onion, finely chopped 1 tbsp ginger paste 1 tsp garlic paste 4 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp fresh cilantro for garnish 1 tsp coconut milk for garnish 1 tsp coriander powder 1 tsp garam masala 1 tsp red chilli powder
Making the KOFTAS
1. In a food processor (with dough attachment) add all the 'Kofta' ingredients and pulse to form a smooth mixture (Takes about a minute).
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and make 10 -12 round balls.
3. Place the chicken balls on a plate, cover and keep in the refrigerator for about 30 mins (This will helps the mixture to firm up and prevent kofta's from breaking).
Making the COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
1. Heat a large non-stick pan and add 4 tbsp oil on medium heat and add the onions, mix and cook covered for a few minutes.
2. To this, add ginger & garlic paste, and all the remaining spices and sauté on medium heat till the mixture turns pink and the onions are slightly cooked (6-8 mins).
3. Add coconut milk, mix everything together and cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes. (stirring in between).
4. Now add the meatballs carefully in to the simmering gravy, cover with a lid, lower the heat and let the meatballs cook for about 5 minutes. (Keep an eye on it)
5. After 5 minutes, remove the cover, touch the meatballs using a spatula and they should be cooked. Cook on a low heat for a further 3-4 mins with the lid off. Turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro and coconut milk.
Serve with rice, nan, roti.
TRIED AND LOVED THIS RECIPE?
If you have tried this recipe and like it, then please do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookwithimtiaz or Tag #cookwithimtiaz