This Japanese-style chicken dish is simple to make, but it tastes so good! You can create the fresh,
sweet-and-salty teriyaki sauce in just 20 minutes, ideal for a healthy midweek meal. Chicken teriyaki is best served with sticky rice and steamed greens.
for the TERIYAKI SAUCE
3 tablespoon sweet rice wine mirin 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce 1 tablespoon honey 2 teaspoon garlic minced 2 teaspoon ginger grated
2 Ib boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional) 3 teaspoon corn starch 1/4 cup water for the Garnish (optional) 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds 1/4 cup green onions chopped
1. Mix all the ingredients for Teriyaki sauce and set aside. Mix corn starch in 1/4 cup of water and set aside.
2. Heat oil. Place the chicken and brown the chicken for 2- 3 minutes on each side.
3. Pour over the teriyaki sauce and black pepper. Do not mix.
4. Cook with the lid on for 15 mins with the lid on medium/low heat.
6. Stir in the corn start and cook for 5 minutes as the sauce thickens. Garnish with sesame seeds and green fresh onions.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?