This Japanese-style chicken dish is simple to make, but it tastes so good! You can create the fresh,
sweet-and-salty teriyaki sauce in just 20 minutes, ideal for a healthy midweek meal. Chicken teriyaki is best served with sticky rice and steamed greens.
for the TERIYAKI SAUCE
3 tablespoon sweet rice wine mirin 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce 1 tablespoon honey 2 teaspoon garlic minced 2 teaspoon ginger grated
2 Ib boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional) 3 teaspoon corn starch 1/4 cup water for the Garnish (optional) 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds 1/4 cup green onions chopped
1. Mix all the ingredients for Teriyaki sauce and set aside. Mix corn starch in 1/4 cup of water and set aside.
2. Heat oil. Place the chicken and brown the chicken for 2- 3 minutes on each side.
3. Pour over the teriyaki sauce and black pepper. Do not mix.
4. Cook with the lid on for 15 mins with the lid on medium/low heat.
6. Stir in the corn start and cook for 5 minutes as the sauce thickens. Garnish with sesame seeds and green fresh onions.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you have made the recipe and like it, then please do share the recipe link on facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookwithimtiaz or Tag #cookwithimtiaz