CHICKEN SEEKH KEBAB MASALA
for the CURRY SAUCE
75 mil of vegetable oil 4 medium-size onions, finely sliced 2 crushed garlic cloves 1/2 inch ginger, grated 2 medium tomatoes, chopped 4 bullet chilies, whole 1/2 tsp red chilli powder 1tsp salt 1tsp garam masala 1/4 tsp turmeric
For the SEEKH KEBABS
2 tbsp oil for shallow frying 1lb chicken leg mince 1 small beaten egg, add half 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp red chilli powder 1/4 tsp garam masala 1/4 tsp dry garlic powder 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder 7 wooden skewers cut into half Handful of coriander, chopped to garnish
1. Combine all the ingredients for the Seekh Kebabs in a bowl and mix well, split the mince into 14 balls.
2. Take each ball, place a skewer through the centre and shape the mince into a sausage shape around it. Dab a little water onto palms to stop mince from sticking to palms.
3. Heat 2tbsp of oil in a frying pan and cook the seekh kebabs on medium heat, turning frequently so they cook evenly. The kebabs should be light-medium brown when cooked.
4. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate with kitchen paper.
5. For the curry sauce, heat oil, add onions and garlic and cook on high heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add all the other ingredients and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, making sure any moisture from the tomatoes has evaporated.
7. Remove skewers from seekh kebabs by twisting the skewer both ways and then pulling and then chop into bite-size pieces
8. Add the kebabs to curry sauce, mix carefully, garnish with coriander. Place lid on the pan and turn off the heat.
Serve with mint yogurt, salad, and chapatti or Nan.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you have made the recipe and like it, then please do share the recipe link on facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookwithimtiaz or Tag #cookwithimtiaz