Dopiaza curry is an ancient Indian dish that’s become a favourite worldwide. And it’s not surprising. Big, bold tastes of spice and lots of onions make this one seriously tasty curry.
Pair it with light fluffy steamed rice and enjoy!
1 kg Chicken breast, small pieces 1 Onion, finely chopped 2 Tsp ginger paste 2 Tsp garlic paste 2-3 Tbsp oil 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder 1 Tsp KashmirI red chilli powder 1 Tsp chilli powder 1 Tsp garam masala 1 Onions, sliced and fried until golden brown
for the PUREE
2 Tbsp tomato puree 200ml Pureed onion (2 onions, chopped) 1 Cup water
1. To make the onion purée, bring a small pan of water to boil and add the 2 chopped onions. Boil until soft, drain and puree with a hand blender or in a food processor. Add the 2 tbsp tomato puree and 1 cup of water and set aside.
2. Heat a large pan on a medium heat. Now add the oil and 1 chopped onion and fry until they turn a golden brown colour.
3. Add the the ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder and stir in well, fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Now add the chicken breast pieces and stir fry until golden brown for 12-14 minutes.
5. Now pour in the tomato and Onion Puree, and mix well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 15 Minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Finally sprinkle in the garam masala, and stir in the prepared cooked onion and mix well, cook for a further 30 seconds, and serve.
Serve with Rice, Roti or Nan.
TRIED AND LOVED THIS RECIPE?
If you have tried this recipe and like it, then please do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookwithimtiaz or Tag #cookwithimtiaz